I will be speaking at this year’s Sinergija.
Presentation is titled State of the art logging and here are my incomplete notes for it:
- How to build state of the art production system instrumenting so you can easily understand what is going on in your production system?
- Which component to use? Log4Net, NLog, System.Trace, custom solution…
- Event vs. Trace (Monitoring vs. Performance)
- Negative events
- Tracing steps with “using” notation (e.g. MiniProfiler)
- AOP vs. manual logging
- Where to output data?
- How to scope data?
- How not to kill app performance?
- How to bake in app profiler in your tracing lib?
- Demo of Webcom powerful GUI for trace analytics system.
- Demo of AOP logging in MVC web app using NLog.